Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


Dr. Seuss' birthday is on Friday, March 2nd.  He is now an angel but he wrote great books.  We have been reading his books for days and will continue all week!

Here are my favorites.

There's a Wocket in my Pocket!

The Cat in the Hat

The Cat in the Hat Comes Back (my favorite)

The Cat's Quizzer (super fun book)

And to Think that I saw that on Mulberry Street (his first book)

The Lorax (Mommy's favorite)

Green Eggs and Ham (Daddy and I like this)

Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!

The Foot Book

Hop on Pop (I like to read parts of this book)

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (another favorite)



Books by other others under the Dr. Seuss Label

Put Me in the Zoo by Robert Lopshire

Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins 
         (a Family Favorite!!!  We take out the drums with this book)

3 comments:

  1. I love Dr. Seuss, too! My favorites are The Lorax and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I also like McElligot's Pool.
    He wrote some fantastic stories.

    Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss and Happy Reading, Z and Lil' C!

    Love, Neene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Z did you know that Dr. Seuss went to the same college as Auntie K did?? When I was at school there they built a huge sculpture of the Cat in the Hat out of snow! It was more than 30 feet high!!

    I think my favorite books written b Dr. Seuss are definitely the Lorax and Horton Hears a Who!

    Have fun reading and maybe when it snows this week you guys can build your own snow sculpture for Dr. Seuss' birthday!

    love you guys,
    Auntie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Z,
    I love your post about the great Dr. Seuss!
    Your Daddy's favorite when he was your age was McElligot's Pool.
    We must still have that book. I will try to find it for you and we can read it together with GranPa Jeff sometime soon. Dr Seuss wrote that book the year Mimi was born in 1947! Yes, once upon a time Mimi was just a little babe:)
    HUGS & Kisses from Rhode Island:)
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete